FAQ - COVID-19 customer Information
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are still here to provide you with the same great service you are accustomed to. Please see below a list of FAQ we've received from clients since our offices have been closed to the public.
- How do I make my payments?
Payments can be made:
- By calling our office with a credit card.
- Online through your insurance companies website. Make sure to have your policy documents with you, as the website will request your policy and or account number.
- By sending a cheque or certified funds made payable to your carrier, directly to your insurance company.
- Paying your insurance company directly through your bank.
- Can my insurance payment be deferred?
Companies are deferring payments on a case by case basis. If you require your payment to be deferred, please contact your broker at least 7-10 business days prior to the withdrawal date.
- How do I contact McTague Insurance to talk about my renewal, or policy changes during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis?
We can be reached by phone at 848-6060, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current staff listing, click here.
NOTE: Policy changes cannot be bound until you have spoken to, or received confirmation from your broker.
- What are insurance companies doing to provide relief to clients?
Below is a link to each of our companies websites with reference to what each individual company is doing with respect to COIV-19 relief to clients.
- Aviva Insurance
- Carleton-Fundy Mutual Insurance
- Chubb Insurance
- Economical Insurance
- Intact Insurance
- Nortbridge Insurance
- Portage Mutual Insurance
- Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance
- The Guarantee
- Victor Insurance
- Wawanesa Insurance
- I am not using my vehicle to commute to & from work, and am driving a lot less. Am I able to change the use & KMs on my vehicle temporarily?
If your occupation has been impacted as a result of COVID-19, and you temporarily no longer commuting to & from work, you are able to have your Automobile policy amended to pleasure use, as well as reduce the annual KMs on the vehicle until you are back working.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the client to update the broker on when they are back to work & commuting again.
We remind clients to continue to be vigilant with regards to proper hand washing, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth & to continue to practice social distancing.
Thank you for your continued support in local business.